Great way to move while working at home in the COVID-19 environment!
I've only had this bike for three days -- but I absolutely love it! I'm a professor at a two-year college who has been forced into online teaching due to COVID-19, and this will be game-changer for me for the coming year. I'm not used to sitting and am usually on my feet most of the day while teaching, so this will be a great way to keep active while sitting.
A few things to note about the desk:
* Set-up took less than five minutes. The bike is already put together, so my husband just needed to carry it upstairs for me and attach the desk portion. Easy peasy, unlike some other bikes I looked at!
* It's very quiet, but you will move a little in an up and down motion while using it. I used it for the first time this morning in a Zoom meeting, and someone immediately asked if I was on a bike. Because of that, I won't use it to teach online (which would also be awkward since I need more desk space to access my materials), but I will still use it for meetings -- even if I look goofy. 😉 So just be aware that it will be noticeable if you Zoom that you are gently moving.
* It's easy to maneuver around due to the solid wheels. When you do so, you might want to *pull* it from the seat towards the direction you want to go in. While there are no locks on the wheels, it stays in one place well.
* This is really great for checking email and doing work on a computer. Yesterday, I biked for almost three hours at a gentle pace (level 3), and managed to make my Apple Watch Move goal after less than two hours (for 450 calories, using the Indoor Cycling mode in the workouts).
* While the pedals are comfortable to use barefoot, I've been putting on some yoga socks, which make the pedal pads more comfortable.
* For adjustments, the desk slides up and down and front and back very smoothly. The seat also slides up and down very smoothly, too. Both are very easy to adjust.
* The desk has a built-in pad that is perfect for resting your wrists while typing. It's a nice touch!
I'm honestly surprised by how well-built, solid, and comfortable this is -- and am surprised by how reasonable the price is, given how sturdy this is. I've already recommended it to a few friends, and it's one of the best purchases I have made in quite a while.